Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet and Sour Spareribs

I finally dusted off my Chinese food recipe collection this weekend. I don't usually cook Chinese food that often because I think that they're too complicated for me. However, this Sweet and Sour Spareribs recipe seems pretty simple enough for me to follow and it looks so delicious because it's not like those sweet and sour dishes in Chinese Restaurant.


Ingredients:
1.5 lb of pork spareribs
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of rice wine
3 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
5 tablespoons of water
4 slices of ginger root
4 stalks of green onion

Directions:
  • Wash and cut spareribs into 3 inches long each.
  • Boil the spareribs in pan filled enough water to cover them.
  • Remove the meat when the water boils.
  • Drain the spareribs well.
  • Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok and stir fry the ginger until fragrant.
  • Pour all the seasonings, green onions and spareribs into the wok, bring to boil.
  • Cover with lid and cook over low heat until the sauce almost gone (approximately 30 minutes), turning the ribs to baste from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment