1 lb of ground pork
1 lb of ground chicken
1 can of liver paste (~120gr)
6 tablespoons of bread crumbs
4 tablespoons of sweet condensed milk
1/4 cup of fried shallots
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
5 hard-boiled eggs
- Mix the ground meats, liver paste, bread crumbs, milk, shallots, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper well in a food processor.
- Lay out the wax paper on a table, put about a third of the meat mixture on the middle of it to cover about half of the wax paper.
- Arrange the hard-boiled eggs on top of the meat mixture and top the eggs with the rest of the meat mixture so it resembles a log.
- Roll the wax paper to enclose the meat & egg log.
- Steam the galantine for 25 minutes.
- After it cools off, open the wax paper and serve the galantine with the tomato sauce.
3 ripe tomatoes
5 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
5 shallots, finely diced
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of corn starch
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the tomatoes until they turn soft, drain saving 1 cup of the water used for boiling, cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Fry the shallots using the butter over low medium heat in a medium pan.
- Increase the heat to medium and add tomato chunks, 1 cup of the tomato water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until it boils.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool down a little bit before blending in a food processor into a smooth consistency.
- Strain the tomato mixture before returning to the pan.
- Cook over medium low heat.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch using cold water.
- Add into the pan, stir and continue cooking until it boils again.