1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 head of cabbage, shredded
1 package of firm tofu, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 package of sliced crimini mushroom
4 cloves of garlic , 2 sliced and 2 minced
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
12 large shrimp, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
salt and white pepper
- Cook the shredded cabbage and sliced garlic with 1/8 cup of the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium high heat, stirring until cabbage begins to brown.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and tofu pieces and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes until the tofu is cooked and the cabbage has softened. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another 1/8 cup of oil in the pan and then add shrimp, minced garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt and white pepper. Cook until shrimp is just pink, remove and set aside.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan, cook the mushroom for 4-5 minutes until all mushroom juice has evaporated and season with a little bit of salt and white pepper
- Return the cabbage and shrimp to the pan along with a couple tablespoons of water and the soy sauce. Cook, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pans. Drizzle with sesame oil, adjust seasoning and serve.