3 garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 lb ground pork
3 Chinese sausage, sliced
1 8oz can of black olives, chopped
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
6 cups of cooked rice (preferably a day old and on the drier side)
1 16oz frozen spinach, dethawed, squeezed and drained
a small bunch of parsley, chopped
3 green onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the chopped olive with the sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make a thin omellete using the 4 eggs. After it's done, cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a large wok or pan, stir fry the garlic and onion over medium high heat with 2 tablespoon of olive oil until fragrant.
- Add in the ground pork, stir occasionally until the meat is cooked.
- Add in the sliced Chinese sausages, spinach and the olive mixture. Cook for another minute or two.
- Try to loosen the grains of the day-old rice before adding it into the pan. Mix the rice well with the olive mixture and cook for several minutes until the rice is heated through.
- Add in the chopped parsley and green onion.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and with any of the sauces.
- Serve fried rice with thin strips of egg omelette on top.