Note: I stacked a couple slices of the Spanakopita to create height in the picture below.
2 pounds spinach (steamed, drained, squeezed well and chopped)
6 oz feta (crumbled)
1/4 cup dill (chopped)
1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
3 green onions (sliced)
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix the spinach, feta, dill, parsley, green onions, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Brush the bottom of 8x8 inch (or in my case 9x13 inch) baking pan with olive oil.
- Cut the phyllo dough to fit the pan and lay a sheet of phyllo dough on the pan.
- Brush the top with olive oil, and lay another sheet on top. Repeat until you have 6-9 layers.
- Place the spinach mixture on top of the phyllo dough.
- Repeat layering with phyllo dough until you have 6-9 layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown (about 30-40 minutes)