Monday, August 17, 2009

Caramel Chocolate Mousse

I made a Chocolate Mousse last Saturday for my Mad Men party on Sunday. I had been thinking about this recipe since I saw it on Pastry Pal a couple weeks ago. The idea of having creamy caramel chocolate mousse and sipping champagne while watching Mad Men Season 3 Premiere sounded really good to me.

I really appreciated Pastry Pal's instruction on how to make caramel and the step-by-step pictures. I used a bit more chocolate than her recipe and increased the quantity by about 15% so my mousse was not as airy and light looking as hers. It tasted really rich and creamy. I think I will stick to her measurement ratio next time.


Ingredients (adjusted to 10 servings):
4.2 oz sugar
5 tablespoons butter
2.5 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz high quality dark (or milk) chocolate

Directions:
  • Follow the directions at Pastry Pal - it's as clear, simple and good as it gets!

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have a picked a more special occasion to make the mousse. Mad Men is one of my faves, too. Thanks so much for trying the recipe and giving me a shout-out. Glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete