1 pound fennel (1 large or 2-3 small bulbs)
3 small sweet oranges or tangerines
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Trim and core the fennel and cut into thin slices.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the oranges, pour over the fennel, add salt and lemon juice, and let it sit for a couple hours while preparing the orange slices.
- Peel the remaining oranges and segment into orange slices.
- Add the oranges and cilantro to the fennel, toss, taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add raisins, avocado slices and soft-boiled.