12 ounces spaghetti (or other pasta)
1 pound ground veal
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 12oz can tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Serrano pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain, and return to pot. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cook lamb in a large saucepan over medium-high, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Serrano pepper, onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and cinnamon, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of pasta water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the sauce pot and the chopped parsley, and toss to combine.