1 Package of Penne Pasta
Uncooked chorizo (take out from the casing)
Half onion, chopped
3 Garlic, finelly chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped Rosemary
1 can of Whole Tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
1/4 cup of Vodka (or any dry alcohol)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup chopped Parsley
Pecorino cheese, grated
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the penne pasta according to its instruction. I like to substract a couple of minutes from the cooking time since I will cook the pasta again with the sauce later on.
- In a large pan, cook the Chorizo over a medium high heat with the olive oil.
- When it starts getting browned, add in the onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes or so until the onion softened.
- Add in the tomatoes along with the juice, cumin, nutmeg, red pepper flakes, sugar and the vodka. Lower the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until the liquid reduced by half.
- Add the pasta back into the pan along with the chopped parsley and grated Pecorino cheese and mix carefully.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some more grated Pecorino cheese on top.