Fresh soy noodles
Braised tofu, cubed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon sugar/honey
2 stalks of green onion, chopped
several cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a medium size bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin and sugar/honey.
- Add in the soy noodles and cubed braised tofu and let marinate for 1 hour or so.
- In a large pan or wok, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir fry the soy noodle and the braised tofu for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped green onion and cilantro.
- Serve warm or room temperature as a side dish or a small meal by itself.
Note: We had a similar firm braised tofu in Indonesia called Tahu Bacem that has much more flavor (because it's braised with a mixture of Indonesian spices and coconut milk and then fried).