Friday, July 3, 2009

Brenda's French Soul Food

Last Monday, Porgy and I had lunch at Brenda's French Soul Food. I had been wanting to try it out in the past couple of years so I was excited to finally able to check it out. We got there after 1 pm hoping to avoid the lunch crowd but we still had to wait for 15 minutes. It was not a big deal since the menu and their specials looked so good.

We started with Plain Beignets (delicious! They're one of the best ones that I've ever had) and ordered Sweet Watermelon Tea (refreshing). Porgy had the Croque Monsieur (extremely rich according to him but he liked it) and I had one of their daily specials, Crawfish and Andouille Sausage Pot Pie (yummy, although I had to scrap off the cheese on top of it since I can't eat too much cheese).

1 comment:

  1. SWEET WATERMELON TEA!!? Oh my goodness...that sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete