2 teaspoons finely grated lemons zest
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 garlic cloves, chopped
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed to wet pasta
1 pound of fusilli pasta
1 pound diced ripe tomatoes
16 ounce tub fresh mozzarella pearls, drained
Lots of fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the lemon zest and juice, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender.
- With the machine running gradually blend in the oil.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the package direction, al dente, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Move the pasta to a large serving bowl and toss together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Top with grated pecorino cheese.