1 lb fusilli pasta, cook according to instruction, al dente
1.5 cup of broccoli, blanch for 1 minute
4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz swiss cheese, shredded
2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1 onion, roughly chopped
1/2 lb of ham, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1.5 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F and butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Saute the onion in a small pan over low heat for 10 minutes until caramelize.
- Add in the chopped ham and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot pan, melt the butter over low heat and add the flour. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes stirring with a whisk.
- While whisking, add the milk and cook for a minute or 2 more until thickened and smooth.
- Remove the pan off the heat, add the Blue, Cheddar and Swiss cheese along with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add in the pasta, broccoli, ham and onion and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the bread crumb on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the pasta is browned on top.