1 lb fresh sweet peas
1 lb fresh Shiitake mushrooms
1/2 package of fried yellow tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-inch ginger, slice into fine shreds
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch sections
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons Shaoxing cooking wine
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Wash the sweet peas, snap off the tips and pull away the strings from each sides.
- Clean the mushroom with damp cloth to remove any grit and dirt and cut in half
- Combine the soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar, salt and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, quickly blanch the sweet peas for 30 seconds and shock them in ice cold water to keep the bright green color.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan until hot and then add in the mushroom and ginger slices, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and the tofu cubes and cook for another minute.
- Add the blanched sweet peas and the green onion and stir fry for a couple more minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish.