2 tablespoon unsalted butter (or margarine)
10 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon white peppercorn, freshly ground
1/2 cabbage, cut into strips
3 green onions, roughly chopped
1 cup chopped parsley leaves
3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 lb fresh egg noodle
1.5 cup fried shallots
- Heat up the butter in a wok over medium heat.
- Stir fry the garlic, salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and the garlic cloves turn golden.
- Add the cabbage, green onion, parsley, sweet soy sauce and oyster sauce into the wok and cover for approximately 2 minutes until the vegetables begin to cook.
- In the mean time, blanch the fresh noodle for a couple of minutes in a separate pan. If you use dry noodles, cook them according to the package minus 3 minutes or so.
- Create a well in the center of the wok and add in the eggs, breaking the yolks in the process.
- Let the eggs cook for a minute or so until they begin to harden and then stir them to make some kind of scramble eggs.
- Add in the noodle and a cup of the fried shallots, continue cooking for 3 more minutes while mixing everything together.
- Serve the noodle with the rest of the fried shallots. Enjoy!