One of my favorite vegetable dishes is a stir-fry Broccoli Rabe (or Rapini) and yesterday I decided to stir fry it with some quartered brown mushroom and leftover breakfast sausages. You can add whatever you like and, as long as you don't overcook it, it will be delicious.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes
2 bunches of Broccoli Rabe (or Rapini), cut into 2-3"
1/2 lb brown mushroom, quartered
2 sausages, sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
salt & pepper
- In a large saute pan, saute the minced shallot, sliced garlic and dried red pepper flakes over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally so not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the sausage and cook for another 3 minutes until the sausage crisp up a little bit.
- Add in the quartered mushroom, the stem part of the Broccoli Rabe, and half of the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to let the sausage bits that got stuck loose, cover and cook for 3 minutes or so.
- Add in the leaves part of the Broccoli Rabe and the rest of the wine, stir, cover and cook for 2 minutes or so until the leaves are just cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper accordingly.