Now I want to share with you the recipe of one of my favorite snacks introduced by Mo-Fo a few years ago - Pigs in the Blanket. Since it's a celebration, I decided to amp it up a little bit by using Berkshire little sausages instead of a regular hot dog, slathered some Dijon mustard on the dough, and simmer half of the sausages in a sweet ketchup sauce for 15 minutes or so.
16 Berkshire mini sausages
1 can (8oz) of Pillsbury's Crescent dinner roll
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of Vermouth
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In the meantime, simmer half of the sausages in a ketchup, Hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, Worchestershire and Vermouth mixture for 15 minutes.
- Separate the dough into 16 triangles and brush the dough with Dijon mustard.
- Wrap dough triangles around each sausage.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes until golden brown.