Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Berkshire Pigs in the Blanket

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my Food4Wibowo blog. Woo hoo! It's interesting to read the all comments and suggestions that you all wrote and to remember what I cooked or ate just a few months ago. I want to thank everybody who ever read my blog and those who encouraged me to keep it going even when I was not up for it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now I want to share with you the recipe of one of my favorite snacks introduced by Mo-Fo a few years ago - Pigs in the Blanket. Since it's a celebration, I decided to amp it up a little bit by using Berkshire little sausages instead of a regular hot dog, slathered some Dijon mustard on the dough, and simmer half of the sausages in a sweet ketchup sauce for 15 minutes or so.


Ingredients:
16 Berkshire mini sausages
1 can (8oz) of Pillsbury's Crescent dinner roll
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of Worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon of Vermouth

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 375F.
  • In the meantime, simmer half of the sausages in a ketchup, Hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, Worchestershire and Vermouth mixture for 15 minutes.
  • Separate the dough into 16 triangles and brush the dough with Dijon mustard.
  • Wrap dough triangles around each sausage.
  • Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment