9 cups of rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
2 cups of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 to 1 1/2 cup of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar and maple syrup.
- Place on a sheet pan and put in oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes or a little longer, stirring occasionally every 15 minutes or so.
- Mixture should brown evenly; the browner it gets without burning, the crunchier the granola will be.