Friday, February 20, 2009

Pupusas

Today, I went to the Mission District in San Francisco with my coworkers for lunch. I decided to check out La Santaneca de la Mission after reading raved reviews on Yelp on their pupusas and the fact that I've been thinking about it since last week.

Since we were the only non-Hispanic people there, I had high expectation. I ordered a side of chicken tamale and a combination plate of one pork pupusa, one pork and cheese pupusa with rice and beans.


Although I liked the food and will probably come back again to try out other Salvadoran dishes, I prefer the pupusas from the Red Hook Food Vendors (at Brooklyn Flea Market) – flavor and texture wise. There are several other restaurants with good pupusas mentioned on Yelp, so my hunt for great pupusas in SF continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment