Sunday, February 15, 2009

Brooklyn Flea Market

Today, Porgy and I decided to check out the Brooklyn Flea Market in Dumbo. There were lots of interesting vendors, but I was most impressed with the food.

Unfortunately, we went there soon after breakfast (Merquez spicy lamb sausage sandwich from last night's dinner with Sal at Bedouin Tent ) so we were still somewhat full.

Near the entrance, we noticed the gorgeous pastries from Choice Market.


After looking around, we decided to get the Sampler Platter from Red Hook Food Vendors to share. It had tamales, pupusas (stuffed corn tortilla), chorizo sausage, fried plantains, rice, beans and red cabbage slaw. It was delicious.


When I'm back in SF, I'll be on the hunt for great pupusas. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I want to go with you! I've haven't tried them yet, but sounds like they were good!! Everything looks so yummy! Hope you and Porgy are having fun! xoxox.

    ReplyDelete