1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon white pepper
1 package of Kobe seasoning flour mix
canola/palm oil for frying
- Wash and pat the chicken pieces dry.
- Season with salt, white pepper, paprika and a couple tablespoon of Kobe seasoning flour and marinade for an hour or so.
- Pour enough oil to come just 1/8-inch up the side of a heavy frying pan and heat over medium heat. I don't have any oil/candy thermometer but I think the preferred temperature is ~325F.
- Pour the rest of the seasoning flour on a plate and roll the chicken pieces in flour and shake off the excess.
- Fry the chicken pieces a few at a time so not to crowd the pan, place them skin side down.
- Cook until golden brown on each side, approximately 12 minutes per side.
- Drain the cooked chicken pieces on a rack over a sheet pan.