3 eggplants, cut into half and then into 2-inch sections (I used Chinese eggplants)
1 lb ground pork
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 stalk lemon grass root, finely chopped
1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup coconut cream
3 tablespoons fish sauce
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat up the oven to 400F degree and bake the eggplant slices in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
- Mix the peanut butter, coconut cream, fish sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In the mean time, stir fry the pork with a couple tablespoons of oil over medium high heat for a few minutes until well colored.
- Add chopped garlic, shallot, lemon grass and green chili pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the peanut butter sauce mix and cook for several minutes until the mixture thickened.
- Stir in the eggplant pieces and chopped parsley, adjust seasoning and serve over white rice.