Monday, January 26, 2009

Pear and Walnut Muffins

Tonight, I decided to make Pear and Walnut Muffins for my bi-weekly morning coffee at Blue Bottle Coffee Cafe with Mo-Fo and ShunBun. I got the recipe from Dragon's Kitchen, however, I had to improvise using a recipe found on Cooks.com because I didn't have any ripe bananas.


After the suggested 30 minutes of baking, I noticed that the muffins' texture was not as dry as I wanted it to be (although they all passed the toothpick test) so I decided to add another seven minutes of baking time. The end result was better, although I was still not 100% happy. Wondered what Mo-Fo and ShunBun would think of them tomorrow.

Late night update: Tomorrow's BBC is canceled... so I guess I will be able to sleep in.

Update # 2: Both Mo-Fo and ShunBun liked the muffins but they thought there was a bit too much fruit in the batter. Next time, I will cut back. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment