1 package of dry Penne pasta
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1.5-inch sections
2 shallots, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 links of sausage, sliced
1/2 cup pitted French black olives, cut in halves
1/2 cup of dry white wine or Vermouth
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of corn starch dissolved in 3/4 cup of water
(or 3/4 cup heavy cream)
salt & pepper
- Cook the Penne pasta according to the package's direction.
- Two minutes before the pasta is cooked, add in the asparagus into the boiling water.
- Drain well and rinse over cold water.
- In a large pan, saute the minced shallot and garlic with olive oil until fragrant.
- Add in the sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the black olive and the dry white wine and cook for another 3 minutes until the alcohol is cooked through.
- Mix the mustard and the corn starch solution (or the heavy cream) in a small bowl and add it to the pan, cook until it boils again.
- Return the pasta and asparagus to the pan and add in the chopped green onion.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.