BTW, do you know that purple beans would change its color to green when fully cooked? I didn't know that, I wonder why...
1 lb stir-fry beef meat, shredded (cut into strips)
1 lb of green beans
1 lb of yellow beans
1 lb of purple beans
1 pack of tofu puffs
1/4 cup of chopped parsley
1 onion, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon of chinese shaoxing rice wine
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon of corn starch
1/8 cup of water
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 teaspoon of corn starch, diluted in cold water in a small bowl
- Marinate the shredded beef meats with garlic, soy sauce, mirin, shaoxing wine, salt, white pepper, red pepper flakes and corn starch for at least 1 hour.
- Before stir-frying the beef, add a tablespoon of oil to the meat so it won't stick to the pan.
- Stir fry the beef with a couple tablespoon of oil in a large pan or wok over medium high heat until just cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, stir fry the onion for a couple of minutes with a small amount of oil.
- Add in the beans and water and cook covered for 5 minutes until the beans are just al dente.
- Add back in the beef, tofu puffs, oyster sauce and dissolved corn starch. Mix well.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir together.